Monday, October 29, 2012

Sunday, 6.42pm


After watching ‘Hurricane Central’ on the weather channel for the past hour, I’ve become convinced there’s going to be a power-outage. Deciding that I wasn’t suitably prepared for such an eventuality, I just went to the 99c store round the corner and bought 30 tealights, an alarm clock and 4 AA batteries. I’m now sitting on my bed eating a yoghurt, trying to think what I own that’s battery operated. Is anything battery operated anymore apart from tv remotes?

4 comments:

  1. Flashlights? Boomboxes? Catchphrase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a boombox the storm would have been so much more enojoyable ...

      Delete
  2. laptop, camera, phone, tablet devices, ipod. If I were you I would charge everything you have that needs a charge right now in case the electric does go off... also very entertaining blog. In case you are wondering I am one of the Irish guys that your Mum done the Scally Rally with last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it was all plugged in! AA batteries though - luckily we kept power. Nice to virtually meet you mr irishman

    ReplyDelete